At Carlisle Eden Mind we aim to help young people become more positive about themselves, hopeful about their future, in control, and able to deal with life’s setbacks.
We hope that our training will also reduce stigma surrounding mental health amongst course participants and within their school community as a whole, encouraging pupils to speak up when they need help.
Mates in Mind
Mates in Mind is our 2 hour Peer to Peer Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience training for Young People. Mates in Mind covers the following key areas:
• What is emotional wellbeing and resilience (from basic level)
• How can we spot the signs our mates maybe emotionally struggling
• How can we talk to them if we do spot the signs
• How can we help them – practically and emotionally
• Who else can help – trusted adults, GP, school staff
• When to get help – if even your friend doesn’t want you to
With You in Mind
With You in Mind is our 1 hour general mental health awareness training for Young People. With You In Mind covers the following key areas:
• What is mental health
• What is mental illness
• Common mental health illnesses – e.g. anxiety, depression
• What can effect our mental health negatively and positively
• What can we do to have positive mental health
• Who can we talk to if we are worried or need more information
Would like to discuss Mates in Mind, With You in Mind, or are you are looking for a bespoke course? We can design and deliver mental health training of direct relevance to your needs.
Please contact Lynsey Eland on:
Tel: 07474 527216